How can you live with resilience and strength in a world filled with stress, fear, and endless demands?
This deeply inspiring book by Dr. Susan Biali Haas, M.D.—a physician, executive coach, and leader in conversations on burnout and mental health—can help you break the cycle of overwhelm and exhaustion by using simple, science-based shifts that restore joy, health, and meaning to your work and life.
The world is experiencing unprecedented burnout, stress, and mental health challenges. The inevitable fallout: poorer health, chronic exhaustion, strained relationships, and decreased work satisfaction and performance.
You’re so tired of being stressed and tired, but how can you tell the difference between run-of-the-mill stress, burnout, and serious mental health issues like depression or anxiety? And what can you do about it?
Dr. Susan is here to help. She has lived through burnout, depression, anxiety, and trauma over the course of a demanding life and career and shares her hard-earned, deeply personal wisdom throughout The Resilient Life.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- How to know if you’re approaching burnout and how to protect against it
- Simple strategies, tools, and tips to help you reduce stress, fortify your mental health, and increase your available energy for work and life
- Were you "born to burnout"? Find out if you have one or more of the four deeply-ingrained personality traits that automatically set you up for burnout and what to do about it.
- Easy neuroscience-based techniques that can "rewire" your brain, reduce stress hormones, decrease anxiety, and help restore your sense of calm and control
- How to reconnect with and make time for what matters most, allowing you to reclaim meaning, purpose, and passion in your life
- Real-life, evidence-based strategies for resilience that go beyond the usual superficial self-help advice
Filled with easy-to-apply tips, straight-talking advice, practical wisdom, and stories from Dr. Susan’s life (and the lives of her clients), The Resilient Life can help you to finally break free from overwhelm and empower you to take action and create real, observable changes in your life.